Who wants some no-bake chocolate chip peanut butter and pretzel granola bars? Aw, man, this was a hard granola bar to name because there are so many goodies inside it!
You know how it is when you go to the store and stare down the boxes of granola bars. One granola bar will have a couple of things that you love. Another granola bar will have one or two things you like, but not the other ingredients that the first granola bar has.
What to do? Which one to buy? Wouldn’t it be cool if you could just find a granola bar that has everything inside it that you’re looking for?
How about just making your own granola bars?
You control the ingredients and can personalize it for what you’re craving.
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER AND PRETZEL GRANOLA BARS!
Lately I’ve been crazing peanut butter and pretzel granola bars.
And of course, I like anything chocolate, so I need to toss in chocolate chips to just about anything I make!
My chocolate chip, peanut butter and pretzel granola bars have other goodies in them like oats and sunflower seeds.
If you don’t have sunflower seeds on hand, you can substitute a cup of nuts like peanuts, walnuts, almonds, or whatever is in your cupboard.
This recipe for chocolate chip, peanut butter and pretzel granola bars uses chia seeds. Just my little attempt to make the granola bars slightly healthier! I use chia seeds often in granola bars, smoothies, and overnight oats.
See this website if you’re interested in learning about the health benefits of chia seeds. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/11-proven-health-benefits-of-chia-seeds
If you don’t keep chia seeds in your cupboard or don’t like little seed texture in what you’re eating, then just omit them.
No-bake is a slightly deceptive title. You’ll need a microwave oven to melt the peanut butter and honey.
No-Bake Chocolate Chip, Peanut Butter & Pretzel Granola Bars
1½ cups quick oats
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup broken pretzels – crush and snap them with your fingers
½ cup chocolate chips
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 cup peanut butter
½ cup honey
- Prepare an 8″x 8″ baking dish by lining with parchment paper.
- Put oats, sunflower seeds, pretzels, chocolate chips, and chia seeds into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Put peanut butter and honey into a microwave bowl and put in the oven for 45 seconds. Stir. If needed, put back in the microwave for 30 seconds, until it looks like it will pour nicely.
- Add peanut butter and honey to the oats, seeds, and chocolate chips bowl and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Put mixture into baking dish and press flat.
- Put in the fridge for at least an hour to set. Leaving it overnight in the fridge is OK too.
- Remove from fridge and cut into rectangles. I made 12 granola bars with this recipe. Your number might vary depending on how you cut them.
- Wrap each granola bar in wax paper and store in fridge. Eat within two or three days. Or put in a freezer bag and freeze them to make them last longer!