There are some things that only another horsewoman can understand, and today I bring you 39 things you’ll never hear a horsewoman say!
Only another horsewoman understands how we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty!
HERE’S MY ROUND UP OF 39 THINGS YOU’LL NEVER HEAR A HORSEWOMAN SAY:
- Just about everything else is more important to me than my horse.
- Riding a horse is about the easiest thing I’ve ever done.
- Will my boots get dirty?
- Why is horse boarding so cheap?
- I’d love to come over at 6am tomorrow and help clean your barn.
- A pony is a baby horse.
- I’m not interested in watching a horse show.
- Horseback riding isn’t real exercise.
- A picnic at the barn sounds stupid.
- I don’t need any more clothes with horses on them.
- I love sharing my horse equipment with other people.
- Keeping a horse is so easy.
- I’ve got lots of money in my bank account.
- No, I don’t need help stacking hay.
- One horse is enough for me.
- Sure, you can borrow my horse trailer to take your garbage to the dump.
- All horses look the same.
- Oh, I’m just going through a horse-crazy phase. I’ll grow out of it.
- Did you see the latest Vogue magazine?
- Horses stink!
- I live a life of leisure.
- The horse does all the work. I just sit there and look pretty.
- I’ve got better things to do than ride my horse.
- Just think of my horse as your horse.
- Have you tried that new, expensive French restaurant?
- It’s no big deal if other people take my hay and grain and don’t pay me back.
- That stallion is as gentle as a kitten.
- My farrier always shows up early!
- I’m getting a manicure before going to the barn.
- Sure, you can borrow my favorite saddle.
- My vet doesn’t charge me enough money.
- I just don’t have any more room for horse supplies.
- Read this book. Everything that happens in the horse world is so realistic!
- Let’s go to the gym. I don’t get enough exercise.
- Help yourself to my emergency veterinary supplies. No need to ask or replace them.
- Sure, I’d love to let your grandchildren come ride my horse whenever they want.
- I’d rather watch a hockey game than ride my horse.
- I know how to ride Eastern and Western.
- The tack shop is having a big sale today? No thanks, I’ll pass.
WANT TO MAKE A STATEMENT?
Need a funny horse shirt? (Disclosure: I’m an Amazon associate. If you click and make a purchase, I’ll receive a small commission for the referral.)
For Canadian prices, I like shopping online at Apple Saddlery and Lammle’s (not an affiliate). Then of course, there’s Greenhawk (not an affiliate), the Walmart of tack shops in Canada, but I prefer to shop in person since they opened a franchise near to where I live.
Posted by Cheryl @ The Lifestyle Digs on April 2 , 2021.